
Don't let this title deceive you. You don't get thin eating these. They are just called that for fun. They are really Swedish Pancakes and they are divine. I found them on another blog and made them for breakfast this morning. They may be my new favorite at home breakfast. I am a Swedish girl and grew up having these as a kid. We used to go to a wonderful restaurant in Solvang on our way to northern California and always had these . Sometimes my mom made something similar at home.
I also got an omelet maker after 40 years of making omelets by myself the old fashioned way. But I have to say , the omelet maker is awesome because they come out perfect every time without too much effort. There are 2 spots to the pan and you have to use both for one person. I got it at Walgren's on a deal but I know they sell them all over.
So here's the recipe for the Thinnies:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
Beat together until smooth. Fry on high heat. (Don't worry, it takes some practice flipping 'em, but you'll be a pro quick enough! I fold them over like the picture)
. You can keep the toppings simple: butter & syrup or butter & granulated sugar... but the sky's really the limit. Jam, fruit, lemon, Nutella, chocolate sauce. You could top Thinnies with just about anything & they'd be tasty!
My very favorite is Knotts Berry Farm Boysenberry syrup with powdered sugar. Whipped cream or cream cheese mixture is awesome too. Have fun experimenting.
I am going to try making them and keeping them warm in the oven so I can serve alot at once.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE These. Happy Eating!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Thinnies
Posted by Suzie Soda at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment