

So elections are coming up. I know most of you know how I feel about my right to vote. But I also feel we can do more. I have always tried to do something extra to help the cause. For years I have been involved from the smallest contribution to something bigger. Growing up, we had the polls at my house for our area. It made an impression on me as a kid. I canvased neighborhoods with flyers, as a teenager. I have worked on many campaigns. This year I went to New Hampshire to help my candidate in the primary. I feel torn this year. A friend I met on that trip, who now works for the National Republican Senatorial Committee asked me to come to Colorado to help....they would pay my way and all. I want to go but I just returned from a week to California and then we go to Utah for a week November 1st. I just don't feel like I can be gone another 3 weeks. But I want to. But I am going to help in Virginia. We have to vote early since we will be traveling during the election. Make sure you are registered to vote and then get to the polls. You can help transport others who need rides. You can post signs in your yard and on your car. You can pass out literature. You can help register people to vote, you can make phone calls.It is a great FHE idea for your family if your kids are old enough.Whatever your time and ability to help, call your party ( and I hope it is Republican :) ) to offer to do something,
The key: DO SOMETHING. This is a critical time in our nations history and we cannot afford to be complacent.
Think of it as a church calling.....if we don't elect the right people, our principles and freedoms could be in jeopardy.
We are working for the next generation, just like our parents were. And all the people that came before them.
We enjoy the life we lead in America because of the sacrifice of those who came before us.
It is our CIVIC DUTY. I am off my soapbox now. Have a good day.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
You Civic Duty: DO SOMETHING
Posted by Suzie Soda at 6:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
So you're saying that a vote for McCain/Palin will jeopardize future generations? I agree. Thanks for setting it straight!
Post a Comment