Friday, April 11, 2008

I love to see the temple ; I am going there today.



Today we are driving to Raleigh to go to the temple and then visit Chelsea, Dana, Lindsay and the grandkids. It will be a very special time as we do work for my father's line. And we will have Chelsea and Lindsay, our 2 daughters with us there. I feel very lucky and blessed to have all my children worthy to go to the temple...and a desire to serve there. I love this part of the dedicatory prayer given my President Hinckley for this temple. It really applies to all temples and members alike.

May all who come as patrons to this temple know that they are dealing with the things of eternity, and that the relationships here entered into are everlasting. Bless all who are here sealed in the bonds of eternal marriage that they may live together with love and respect for one another. Bless the fathers and mothers that they may rear their children as Thy children, in a spirit of kindness and encouragement, that the encircling hand of love may bind together the relationships of the family.

May it be looked upon as a place of holiness with respect and reverence. We pray that the elements may be kind to it, that it shall stand against the storms of nature. Almighty God, we bow before Thee with love and with love for Thine Only Begotten Son. Forgive our sins. Give us strength to live above our weaknesses and to walk above our faults, we humbly pray as Thy thankful children..... in the name of the Redeemer of the world, even the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

John said...

Suzie, I can't believe Denton is 30. I turned 30 just before we got to know your family. I was 32 when I was Denton's bishop.

Laurene Ross said...

Suz, You are so right about how wonderful it is to go to the temple with your kids. I love going with my family. It is so great that you made it a priority when you went down there.

 
template by suckmylolly.com