


Last weekend I went down to Raleigh, NC to spend sme time with my girls. Lindsay and I stayed at Residence Inn and stayed up until 2am talking away. It was so fun and so rare that we ever get to that together. We are usually with the group or she is working alot. We had an awesome suite with our owns rooms/bathrooms and shared common space....courtesy of our awesome hotel manager. Unfortunately it was on the 3rd floor at the end of the longest hall in the world. I barely got up there with my cane.
Lindsay texted me to meet her downstairs at the breakfast table in the morning ( she went exercising). So no wheelchair pusher for me. It was brutal getting down there. However, my brilliant, resourceful self spotted a luggage cart after breakfast:)I talked Linds into pushing me on it back up to our room and then down again with our stuff. She was so embarrassed and laughed her head off up and down..even though we only passed a few people. You know me, rarely embarrassed. I will be embarrassing her for the rest of her life as I have done for the past 26 years. Luckily she didn't know anybody there and was a good sport. Sometimes I can't talk her into my antics. I had to take a picture for posterity because I know she will tell the story ( and probably embellish it :)
We had fun shopping and then went to eat at Chelsea's favorite place...Le Farm Bakery. Chelsea had 2 doctor appts that day and still can't take the baby out in public. But we brought her her favorite salad and got to see our new little darling Marjorie Kate. She was up to 6 lbs....yeah! And Miss Chelsea lost at least those 6 lbs and more because she was in a darling fitted skirt and looked fabulous..like she never even had a baby. But she still wouldn't let me take her picture. I am sure mainly because she has been so sleep deprived :) I wish I looked as good as her.
Lindsay gave her some darling headbands/bows for the baby ( in the picture) and a really cute dress. Chelsea loved it all. We also got to see the big kids home from school and bring a few presents for them ( since the baby is getting so many).
It was a short visit but so worth it to bring Chels a little cheer and hold that sweet baby again.
We are excited that we will all get to be together again for Felix's baptism in a few weeks.
I have wonderful daughters that are so talented and fun. I am glad I am close enough to see them and other family fairly often.




0 comments:
Post a Comment