Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You scream, I scream, We all scream for ice cream!


I had the best dessert at a friends the other night...made from store bought ice cream sandwiches. It was light, refreshing, and so yummy...great for summer. And so easy to make. So I thought I would share because summer is all about ice cream.

Ice Cream Dream Dessert

A box of ice cream sandwiches (Food Lion sells mini ice cream sandwiches -- they are a little easier to work with but any kind is fine)
8 oz cool whip
4 large crunchy candy bars (Butterfinger, Heath)...place 2 bars (still in their wrappers) inside a plastic bag...pound with a meat tenderizer or something that will break them up). Remove from wrapping and dump the crumbs into a bowl. Repeat with the other 2 candy bars.
a little chocolate sauce

take a 9x13...lay ice cream sandwiches all across the bottom...cutting some to fill in the edges as needed
spread with a thin layer of cool whip
Take about 2/3 of the candy bar crumbs and place evenly over the cool whip
Spread the remainder of the cool whip
Spread remaining 1/3 of candy bar crumbs.
Swirl or create a lattice with chocolate sauce just for garnish

Enjoy!

4 comments:

smart mama said...

my mom has told me about this and says it is quite yum- must try- hey 28 hrs to va departure

Laura CaƱate said...

Mint chip Ice cream sandwiches will blow your mind...also neopolitan. Also you can get the sugar free carmel and chocolate and it tastes just as great...you can use whatever you want in place of the candy too, like oreos, favorite cookie...etc!

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh that looks SOOOOO good!! I will have to try that soon.

Jordan said...

Yum. I want to try this. I love icecream

 
template by suckmylolly.com