These are her words about Kenya:
I miss my friend Kenya. I miss her smile. I loved to see her when she spotted her brothers in the hallway, right after lunch each day. They would hug and joke and laugh right outside the bathrooms. I loved to see her swish her hair around and hear the clicking and tinkling of her beads. We kind of look like opposites, but Kenya was like me, a little shy in class. We girls like to draw at recess sometimes, and Kenya drew the best bunnies.
When I heard about the sad news, I felt so heartbroken and small. But then I learned we could make cards for her family and I felt a little better. My dad tried to help me draw her over and over, but it never looked quite right. So I painted a picture of Kenya the way I remember her before Christmas break. My favorite part is the beads that I put in her hair. It was difficult to get here eyes right because she had beautiful eyes and I'm just learning.
I love Kenya and I miss her.
Chloe Jane Wood
(friend from Mr. Copperwheat's class 2009-2010)
I think this is a great thing for a child to do to deal with their own grief and to show compassion to others. Chelsea took Chloe to the funeral and she said Kenya's parents were thrilled with the picture and Chole's thoughts given to them.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Chloe does a Tribute to her classmate who died this week. She went to the funeral today and gave this picture and her thoughts to Kenya's parents.
Posted by Suzie Soda at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Suz, this is so sweet, so sweet.....
What a wonderful way for her to cope and a wonderful gift for her parents. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment