Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween is here and Gross as ever! But I love it.









Last night Chelsea and Dana and family had their kick off Halloween dinner. They named all their food crazy things: Chelsea said: " We had elf ears (mandarin oranges), moldy brains (broccoli), spider webs (angel hair), and blood sauce (marinara sauce) for dinner. Dana carved one of our pumpkins. My kids loved to examine the innards of the pumpkin and put him out with his 'guts hanging out.' Awesome.She said she would send cute pictures next time. These are cute and gross. But then that is the fun of Halloween, right?

Some of the family is coming to my house next weekend for a Halloween dinner just like the good old days. When we named all the food weird names, turned off the lights, lite the candles and played scary music. We will try it if we don't scare the little kids to death. I wish Clayton would be here to dress up in his dracula costume to be our waiter. That was his job every year.

Halloween is fun and I am decorated to the hilt. I am just looking for my witch hat ( you know what Greg would say right now)
to greet my guests. I have a few different functions here that it would be perfect for. If I find it, I will take a picture and post. That is the extent of my dressing up these days. Except of course for Chick-Fil-A.

But in a few weeks you will see some adorable pictures of my grandkids in costume.....they are fabulous every year.

I love Halloween.

1 comments:

Ashlee & Christian said...

what a cute tradition naming the food and having a 'Halloween kick off' or a 'Halloween dinner' oh, I love the fun of Halloween

 
template by suckmylolly.com