Friday, July 11, 2008

Uninhibited and Proud of it!




CALLING ALL COWS! It was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A today....all over the country, If you wear partial cow attire, you get a free sandwich. If you wear head to toe, you get a free combo. Guess what we got? Of course combos. I had us dressed up really cute.....but not as cute as all the people we saw in there. I talked Greg into it, which was a miracle in and of itself. And he let me take pics before we left. I only wish I had my camera with me at the store. It was awesome seeing everybody. And to top it off, Greg turned into me in the line. He made friends with the guy behind us and then gave him some paraphernalia after we ordered to hook him up. He was a retired lawyer from DC here baby-sitting his grandkids...a liberal no less. But a very nice guy. Greg told him all about our law school boys, Clayton ands Regan, and then covered the gammit. Even went back over and talked to him after we got our food. So there you have it. After 35 years, I have finally had an influence on his personality. I have never seen him so social......to someone we will never see again. So for all of you that think I am too friendly and talk to everyone (and too much), I now have a partner in crime. I actually was trying to get him to come sit back down. I made friends with the lady in the next table while I was sitting alone eating my lunch. And to think he didn't really want to go... let alone dress up. It was a happening place today. I emailed my LIST and called a few folks. It is dangerous when you are semi-retired and hungry and don't want to cook. Actually it was really fun to hang out with all the cows. I had on my moo moo. I knew it would come in really handy one day. Although, I do wear it just about everyday :) After we left , we went to get a free slur-pee at 7-11 ( they were out of cups) and then I to COLDSTONE for my free birthday signature ice cream cone. What we will do for something FREE. We do have our limits !

So now we are headed overnight to the temple in DC for a special session and sealing for some dear friends in our ward. We are their escorts tomorrow. But we are going overnight with a stop at their favorite restaurant for dinner to celebrate their happiness. That will be a post for another day. I am sure there are no costumes involved tonight and nothing free.

Head 'em up and head to Chick-Fil-A...you still have a few more hours. Dinner anyone? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6 comments:

Martha said...

That totally sounds like something I would do! Way to go to get free stuff. You guys look like great cows!

smart mama said...

you crack me up- hey i like chck-fila they are nice?

HoopleGroup said...

Liberal but a nice guy? Liberals are the nicest people in the world. We like animals, ecology and we don't like Carl Rove. What's wrong with that? By the way, your pictures are my new screensavers.

Peter (Barack in the USA) Kaufman

Laurene Ross said...

Thank you!!!!! We had a blast. Free food for being a little crazy. I talked to lots of people. I guess when you are incognito as a cow. you can talk to anyone!

aims said...

Hey Suz! I miss you but I'm glad I can keep up with you through your blog. I miss Chick-Fill-Me-Up, as we called it. I'll be hitting it many times when I go home to georgia in August. I can't wait to see Chelsea this Fall, I miss her sooo much!

Love to you and your family,
Aimee Lee

Jordan said...

Thats a lot of free stuff! Nice job. I need a lesson.

 
template by suckmylolly.com