Thursday, July 24, 2008

To SWIM or not to SWIM?..... That is the question.




Well, I am a convert to swimming.....aerobic or otherwise. It was a big step for me to buy a swimsuit, join the expanded YMCA and actually go to the pool. I have been making excuses for years. My pain has gotton so bad, I knew I had to do something. I did this week. So far I have been 3 times...3 days in a row. I haven't been swimming for many, many years...but kicked right back into gear. I CAN STILL SWIM. Not great form but I am moving. I haven't moved this much in years either. It felt so good to move my arms and legs without any pain. It is amazing how much the water helps. It is fun to have someone to go with. Greg came the first day and Lindsay the last 2. I will keep you posted on my progress. I feel like it is going to help long term if I can just fit it into my life. So if you haven't tried it, I am here to tell you stop WAITING and GO FOR IT. That isn't really me with my leg up..but it could be. You will probably never see any real pictures of me in a swimsuit with wet hair. Need I say more.

4 comments:

Chelsea Wood said...

Ya-hoo for the Suzinator!! I'm so excited for you. And it is probably not a good idea to surrender any wet-headed, half-naked, leg-up photos of yourself to a thousand of your nearest and dearest. Not to mention the stalkers.

Anyone who reads this blog in Richmond should join Suzie Soda at the Y. We'll all be your support group. Exercise is so much more fun with friends. And, maybe you can be accountable on your blog. Maybe a little code like 3/7 (days swimming out of a week).

You go girl! (That's for Clayton). Hooray for you.

Melissa said...

I am so impressed! Water aerobics are tough!

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

I don't know if I agree with chels... normally, you're all dressed up and "done up"... part of me would like to see "the real Suz"... wet hair and all! Maybe I'll have to join you in the class to see for myself! :) and maybe I should get my achin' prego bod in there too... might do me some good! ha! :)

Laurene Ross said...

Yeah!!!!Suz, you know I love you! I love these water aerobics too. I am sorry we go to different places but I will be thinking of you as I splash it up. Whew! it feels good!

 
template by suckmylolly.com