Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lunch with Pammy in Williamsburg!

This is my dear friend, Pam Donlon. We have been friends for 27 years now. We met in Birmingham , Alabama where our husbands worked in hospital administration together. We made fast friends and had many good times together through work events and just our fun friendship. 
We have been on several beach trips and to Florida with all of our kids and husbands in our big Ram van when the kids were little. 

She is a teacher from Indiana and married a boy from NYC. She likes her wild California friend, Suzie...I have shown her the crazy side of life. Like the time I talked our way into the White House Christmas party. She couldn't believe I would be so bold. But she has found out many times since. 

We raised our kids together doing lots of things. Pam has 2 beautiful daughters and 4 grandchildren. She and I moved to Richmond together when our husbands again came up here to work at a hospital together. That didn't last long for either one of them and they went different ways. Greg working for a start-up and Vince managing a orthopedic and then cardiac practice. Donlon's moved to Virginia Beach. 

But that didn't stop Pam and  I. We have found a way to see each other no matter what. We have been going to DC for years to see the White House at Christmas and we meet many times half way between both of us in Williamsburg. We took a fun trip together to work for Mitt Romney in New Hampshire for a week several years ago. And Chelsea, Chloe and I flew to Atlanta for Meagan's ( her daughter ) wedding the week after 911. 

When we meet in Williamsburg, we always go to the Times and Seasons for this delicious chicken salad. It is our favorite. We talk all day about our kids, shop a little and brag about our grandkids :)

I love Pammy ( as I affectionately call her) like a sister. We have been through alot together,
I know her kids, grandkids. siblings and  parents, and she know's mine. She is a dear, dear friend.

I met her in Williamsburg today to celebrate a belated 60th birthday for me. She treated me to lunch and brought me a cute present. And of course we checked out the shops at Merchant's walk...then went on to TJMaxx for the real bargins.

I hope we can have many more years of celebrating together. Thanks Pammy for many years of fun and friendship. You become more valuable to me every year we grow older.  xoxo



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com