Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Little Get-Away to North Carolina














After a hideous night spent in a sleep study.....with electrodes all over my head, mentholatum up my nose, 4 trips to the bathroom, 2-3 hours maybe of sleep, gunck in my hair, and a freezing cold shower to top off the experience......I headed for Raleigh, NC .


I was trying to get to Chelsea's primary program. I made it with a few minutes to spare.It was spectacular. She does all kind of special music and arrangements involving lots of kids. Everyone loved it and it was fun to be a part of it...and see some of my grandkids participate. All those piano and voice lessons I drove her to...seemed so worth it when I Chelsea in action. It was as much fun to watch her as to watch the kids. They sang a song " You are 1 in a million". I found a frame with that on it and thought it was perfect for a family picture as a memory of the program and message. That is the picture of them all holding 1 finger up. It will be fun for them to remember their mom was an awesome primary chorister.

I had a fun week helping the kids set goals and make their boards, celebrating Gigi's 9 month birthday, cleaning out drawers, and going to see all the jump roping in action. I also got to go to 2 fun lunches...one at Chelsea's friend Monica's and then to the French restaurant we love, Le Farm. It has become our tradition. I had the best potato soup of my life. Later Chelsea and I went back for a yummy dessert. I love that place. I had a lot of fun playing with the kids and teaching Gigi to do Trot Trot to Boston and Pattycake. She is such a sweet and happy baby.

On Wednesday I drove over to Winston Salem to see Lindsay and have lunch. She had to work part of the day, but we had fun in the few hours we had. We had yummy take-out Thai food and I got to see the baby's nursery. Lindsay is so organized and has enough diapers to last a long time. She has done some cute things without spending alot of money...very resourceful and creative. Chelsea gave her many lovely baby things to make her parenting a breeze :) The cute wall you see she made from some alphabet cards Chelsea gave her. I gave her a rocking chair she had recoverd and it looks cute. She will be a great mother. Lucky little baby boy Adamson.

I drove home from her house in a terrible rain storm ( 2 hours) back to Raleigh in time for the birthday party and delicious dinner.

I had to go home the next day...got home in time to go right to work and then make it to a big YW activity I was in charge of with the other Mia Maid leader. It turned out great. I went straight to another loan and then home at 9pm to hang out with a friend for a few hours.

It was a really fun trip but I was tired when I hit the pillow that night. The" lack of sleep study" didn't help. I was sleep deprived for days.
I won't find out the results until mid-October.

I am so glad to live close enough that I can go visit often. I miss all my kids and grandkids and treasure the moments we have together.Can't wait until I can go again.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com