I had a birthday luncheon today for Judy, a friend and a lady I visit teach, and her daughter., Leila. It was an Irish menu..all except dessert. I made corned beef and cabbage with potatoes, onions, and carrots , pistachio salad, Irish soda bread with cinnamon sugar, green beans with bacon and spices and a fun fruit drink. We had Costco chocolate cake for dessert with vanilla ice cream. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it ( at least they said they did) and I did too. I usually only make corned beef and cabbage in March...but I should make it more often. I made a ton so they requested a doggie bag and Greg and I will be eating it a few times this week.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Happy Birthday Judy!
Denton and family were invited elsewhere today...which may have been good for the kids. Most kids don't like corned beef. I was an adult when I learned to appreciate it. I love it now.
We sang Happy Birthday and opened presents and finished just in time for a nap. Stake conference was only 1 1/2 hours ( satellite broadcast) which was awesome.
It was a fun day and now I am eating left overs for my evening snack.
Posted by Suzie Soda at 4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment