Saturday, November 17, 2012

Knee Revision: Servng Suz

I finally had my re-do knee surgery. It was painful and hard but so much more bearable with all the love and service I have received. I was at a different hospital this time ( St. Mary's) and I had lots of visitors. I was there an extra day this time because my surgery was bigger. The doctor said it was major surgery last time and monster surgery this time.

I was so glad to come home. I have a hospital bed in my room upstairs, as well as 2 walkers and a commode. It looks like a nursing home. I requested Tim again from American Home Care as my physical therapist. It has worked out well. My knee is healing but it is so hard to stay in bed. It has been 3 weeks. I can't put any weight on it this time because they had to put in a plate that split another bone when they were hammering it in. I have to wait for the bone to grow and attach to the plate. I go to the doctor next week...so we will see what he says.

I have had so much love and support from my friends. Leslie organized people into a plan to help me called : "Serving Suz". This is what she wrote:

Hello Ladies!

As most of you know, Suzie is set to have her knee replacement surgery again this coming Friday. Her recovery will be painful and intense, and many of us would love to do whatever possible to help lighten her load as well as Greg's following the operation.
On that note, I have put together a sign-up sheet to organize our efforts during her recovery. Please take a moment to view the document and sign up wherever you are able.

Here is the link to the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rMLuHuyp3OE_hGnPt5c-JaiVdyvLelzjgUhj34OZLmo/edit

Thank you so much for keeping Suzie and Greg in your hearts and prayers. Service is truly the Lords way of showing His love through each of us.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leslie Lienemann 

So many people signed up and Crista even came down from Roanoke again and stayed 2 days. 
Even after all the assignments were done, people have been stopping by with surprise meals, treats, movies, magazines, candy, flowers. I have received lots of Fb messages, emails cards and calls.  Judy made me this little holder pictured for my walker and the primary sent me these cute pictures with posters. Leslie even vacuumed by room.

Greg has been a great nurse and has been so glad for all the meals and help as he has had to do 2 jobs and take care of me. 


The doctor says I will be mobile by Christmas so I sure hope he is right. This has been very hard but at least I haven't had all the problems from last time. 
 I think I am through the worst of it now. 

Thanks everybody for all the love and support.







0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com