
I was the program chairman again for the BYUMS Gala at the downtown Marriott again this year.We brought in Brad Wilcox ( and his daughter Whitney) to speak. He spoke to the BYUMS and also to a tri-stake youth conference here. He was awesome, as always. Kids and adults love him alike. He has been a friend for a long time and stayed with us for several days. I had arranged for him to have a car and go to Williamsburg and Charlottesville to see historical sights. They loved it all and wished they could have had more time. Then Lindsay Lansing Ricks ( who grew up in Richmond), came to get him to take him up to DC to speak to her stake. He was her mission president in Chili. They flew home from there.
The second picture is of Amy Fischer and I. We serve on the BYUMS board together. I just love her. She has been in charge of our scholarship program for the past 3 years and does a fabulous job.
It was a great week and we had a wonderful time. Brad is an amazing guy and does so much good in the world. We are excited that he is coming back for " Time Out for Women" in the fall. We loved Whitney too... she is a really neat girl.
1 comments:
Hi Suzie Soda, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog
Post a Comment