Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Table 2010!




Another table is set. I used some of the same things because of my knee and my inability to carry down or unpack anything. Luckily, I keep my Christmas dishes. tablecloth, place cards, etc. downstairs. It isn't quite as glitzy as usual but it will do for this year. Hopefully my knee will be working 1oo% by next year. But I have to say, I hardly got anything out except poinsettia's in my kitchen and few things, and it is nice to not have so much work. We didn't put up a tree this year for the first time in 38 years, but I bought a small tabletop one at Marshalls . My girls wanted to put one up while they were here, but they won't be here to take it down, so I said no. I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit......maybe in a few more days.....I will be fa la la la la la...ing. 2010 has been a hard year. But we are expecting a new baby granddaughter soon.....which will be a great way to end the year ( hopefully she will be here on time). I am hoping 2011 will be a little better....except Clayton and I both have to have surgery in January and February. Bah Humbug. huh? NO I refuse to give in......I will put on Christmas Carols and create some magic somehow, somewhere. :)

5 comments:

Chelsea Wood said...

I have full faith in your new knee. By the end of 2011 you will be a new woman with so much less to love :).

Will some Richmonder please go help Suz get her tree down? She will reward you with hot chocolate I bet!

Suzie Soda said...

Actually no tree this year. I don't want to put one up.....but I will give hot chocolate to any visitors who stop by. xoxo

HoopleGroup said...

I'm in San Diego. Of the 43 people I've shown your tablescape to in the lobby, they have all said it's the best they've ever seen. I have 5 offers of total strangers to come to your house and help you any way you want.

Suzie Soda said...

I came caroling to your house last night for cute Molly and heard you were in my home state. Enjoy some California sunshine for me. xoxo

Melissa said...

im so sad you don't have tree up. I wish we could be there to help you out. your table is beautiful... as always!

 
template by suckmylolly.com