Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grandparent's Camp
































We just finished hosting out first " Grandparents Camp". We decided when our grandkids turned "8" , we would have them come and spend some alone time with us. We have almost 11 grandkids now and our 2 oldest are 8.
They are Chloe Wood ( Chelsea's) and Ellie Romans ( Jordan's).

We were hoping for a week but could only work out 4 days. But after 4 days, we were exhausted and decided a week might do us in. We had such a great time and the girls played so great together. I made the girls scrapbooks which I will send them when the pictures are developed. We took some 185 pictures so I only posted some of them. We did scriptures and journal everyday and of course family prayer. They even learned to do READTHESCRIPTURES.COM and LDS.org. Chelsea and Chloe got here early and we started with a Halloween dinner. Jordan and Ellie got here later that night. Then the next day the official camp began and............... we painted nails, had Taco Bell, went out for Chinese, learned to make and write thank you notes, played dominos, made collage's, had a Swedish Heritage day ( in honor of my dad and his ancestors....which involved a Swedish video and book lesson, Swedish pancakes for breakfast, setting a Swedish table, and having a Swedish meatball dinner), a shopping trip, a career time ( went with me to close a loan and meet all the people in the real estate office and learned what they did ), did "ask questions about their grandparents", played Barbies, had girls night at the movies ( Little Women), warm cookies, went to the park, watched family movies ( and laughed at their parents as kids), and the big highlight was going to " Hall-O-Scream" at Busch Gardens all day and night. It is all decorated up for Halloween and there are fun shows ( Monster Rock and Monster Stomp Revamped, as well as several haunted houses) Greg and I even went on some rides with the girls. They loved going on the Loch Ness Monster all by themselves. It was suppose to rain and they prayed every night for no rain and they got their wish. It is a glorious place and the scenery with the fall leaves, pumpkins and mums is breathtaking They both said it was their favorite part of the week. We had a fun day at church on Sunday. They came to RS and helped grandma set up and clean up for her RS lesson. It was the primary program practice so no classes for them.All the fun had to end Sunday afternoon. Jordan and Ellie stayed one more day and then flew home today. It was a wonderful time and treasured memories for all of us. They are such sweet and adorable little girls and we adore them. Thanks to their parents for making it possible.We have to gear up for the next crew in a couple of years.


9 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I bet the girls had so much fun with you. You're such a great grandma! We just bought our tickets to come home for Christmas, hopefully we'll get to see you then!

Emily Marie said...

That is so much fun! Great idea! I think I will write that in my journal and try to something like that some day! I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at your pictures! Thank you for sharing. :)

Catherine said...

I am positive you put on a mean grandparent's camp. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall. Not to mention I would have loved to hear your RS lesson. Do you teach teachings of our times? I just got that calling. Any tips?

Suzie Soda said...

Catherine I do" teaching for our times", Give me your cell and I will call you and tell you what I do. It is not that great or unique but I do get a lot of good feedback.Hope you guys are getting along ok. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. xoxoxo

Grandparents Camp was a blast...4 was was good.
A week would maybe have been too long. They were up late everynight and so tired.

Leslie said...

Suz, this is SO ADORABLE!! I am so proud of you for all the cute and fun things you did with the girls. They look like they were having a blast...you all do! LOVE the picture of the girls kissing Grandpa on the cheeks. That is so precious. Anyway, good job! You did an awesome job and I'm sure created some fun memories. XOXO

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzie Soda said...

How do I delete it? I can't remember.

Bob's Blog said...

You are unbelievable! Seriously, that is a wonderful idea! I saw those binders you made with the title "Grandparents camp". Is that like an itinerary? How did you even come up with all the stuff to do? WOW!

Neil and Ms.T said...

Oh My Goodness! Complete and beautiful Granddaughters! How very lucky you are! I'm sure you already know this..............
Blessings to you and your sweet family!
HUGS T

 
template by suckmylolly.com