Monday, March 9, 2009

Chloe Jane's Baptism












Chloe Jane, our oldest granddaughter was baptized February 22nd in Richmond. She turned 8 February 8th. Dana's parents were unable to come in March when they do stake baptisms in Raleigh, so they decided to have it here in Richmond where we still do individual ones.

We had lots of family here.....all of our kids & their families except Jordan and his family, my niece and her husband and baby, and Dana parents. Chelsea and Dana still know and love many of the people from the Gayton ward when they lived here previously, so it was like old home week. They come up fairly often so have renewed friendships with many.

It was a lovely day. We all went to church together. Suz taught RS and had all the girls there. Then we all came home for a big ham dinner and back to the church at 4 for the baptism. Seems like everyone had a part in the program, decorating or refreshments. Greg conducted, Dana's mom gave the talk on the Baptism, I did the talk on the Holy Ghost and Dana' dad did the confirmation. I think Leo and Clayton each gave a prayer. Denton helped with the slide show and DVD presentation. Chelsea. Chloe and Evie sang, and of course Dana did the baptism. Chelsea's good friends and Lindsay helped do decorating, music, refreshments . Aimee Toomey took all these great pictures.

It was a very special day for the all of us but especially for the Wood family and Chloe.

We are looking forward to Ellie's next. She turns 8 in June and will be baptized in Utah. I am hoping to go out west for it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

What a BEUATIFUL girl! How wonderful to have so much family together for such a special day! I love the pic of her with you and Greg.

Jordan said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been waiting to see some pictures. We wish we could have been there.

Laurene Ross said...

Chelsea did a great job and Chloe was radient. Thanks for sharing your family with us;)

Albanian Adventure said...

This was so much fun! I loved seeing, hearing and feeling your joy. The pictures are amazing. You have become your mother--a huge compliment. She taught me all I know about being a creative homemaker. When I was a girl, I always loved going to your house. I will never forget her or her only daughter. Let's pass Jane's magic onto our grandchildren. Thanks for kissing Elvis. When I told the sister missionaries in Albania about it, they thought I was a celebrity by sheer association. xoxo Susan

 
template by suckmylolly.com